I'd like to open a discussion about the status of RDO Ussuri repositories
As you know RDO and upstream teams (kolla, puppet-openstack, TripleO,
TripleO CI, etc...) have been working to switch to CentOS8 during last few
In order to make the transition easier from CentOS 7 to CentOS 8, RDO is
still maintaining Trunk repos consistent for both CentOS 7/Python 2 and
CentOS 8/Python 3. As OpenStack projects have been dropping support for P
ython 2, we've started pinning them to the last commit working with
we were expecting that transition will finish soon but it's still going on.
Over time, the number of pinned packages has been growing including
services and Oslo libraries where we can't follow upper-constraints anymore
. Recently, Kolla has removed support for CentOS 7 so i doubt it makes
sense to keep pinning packages to keep RDO Trunk consistent artificially
and continue running promotion pipelines on a repo with so many outdated
packages. Also, pinning these projects makes that changes needed for CentOS
8 will not be in RDO and would need to be backported manually to each
package. My proposal is:
- Unpin all packages in Ussuri to follow master trunk, or versions in upper
-constraints (for clients and libraries).
- RDO Ussuri on CentOS 7 repo consistent link will not move anymore (so no
more promotions based on it).
- We will keep running centos7-master DLRN builder, so that packages still
builing with Python 2 will be available in current repo  to be used by
teams needing them until migration to CentOS 8 is finished everywhere.
- Projects which already have CentOS 8 jobs gating in master branch can
remove CentOS 7 ones.
We understand this can add some pressure on moving to CentOS8 to the teams
working on it, but I'd say it's already a priority and it's justified at
What do you think about this plan?, is there any reason to keep CentOS 7
artificially consistent and promoting at this point of the transition to
Last week I asked RDO related question in CentOS-devel mail list, you
can see the question from bottom link . Thanks for Alfredo kindly
After we do some POC to build packages in link  , I still have some
1. We want contribute to RDO community, let RDO add s390x architecture
build. As there is no CentOS s390x architecture build in CentOS
repositories, we can only build and test RDO packages in RHEL, Is it
possiable we add RDO s390x build without CentOS s390x architecture
build? Build CentOS might need much more effort and time.
2. I'm trying building RDO Train packages in  in RHEL 8 on LinuxONE,
seems there are some package missing, such as python-d2to1. Should I
switch to build RDO Train in RHEL 7 as the start step, wait until RDO
train for CentOS 8 is ready?
3. For RDO Train on RHEL 8, can I expect python 3 is the default Python
interpreter for all OpenStack packages and dependecy packages?
Shi Lin, Huang
IBM China Systems Lab, Beijing, China
In the next hours we are moving RDO to a new Dependencies repo for CentOS8
master based on new CBS (CentOS Build System) builds.
We have tested this new repo for all the projects that we know use it
(kolla, packstack, puppet-openstck-integration and tripleo) and we have a
plan to make the transition non-disrupting so we expect not to affect gates
on any project by modifying  in several steps.
Let us know if you notice abnormal behavior so that we can fix any issue
that may arise or even revert the change if needed.
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 09:18, Radosław Piliszek
> I know it was for masakari.
> Gaëtan had to grab crmsh from opensuse:
Thanks Wes for getting this discussion going. I've been looking at
CentOS 8 today and trying to assess where we are. I created an
Etherpad to track status:
> pon., 27 sty 2020 o 10:13 Marcin Juszkiewicz
> <marcin.juszkiewicz(a)linaro.org> napisał(a):
> > W dniu 27.01.2020 o 09:48, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso pisze:
> > > How is crmsh used in these images?, ha packages included in
> > > HighAvailability repo in CentOS includes pcs and some crm_* commands in pcs
> > > and pacemaker-cli packages. IMO, tt'd be good to switch to those commands
> > > to manage the cluster.
> > No idea. Gaëtan Trellu may know - he created those images.
with ongoing process of removing code from Ansible core into collections
 I'd like to raise a question - how can we build and provide RPMs from
We currently use more and more Ansible community modules in TripleO:
- Openstack modules has already moved to be in Openstack repo and won't be
present in Ansible 2.10.
- Podman modules will move to a different collection and won't be present
in Ansible 2.10
Both of them are used now and won't be provided by Ansible anymore.
I think it's worth to set up this the sooner the better to prevent
unnecessary delays in the future.
Todays migration of images server to the new cloud provider was not
We are planning to continue tomorrow (18th Feb), on 10 AM UTC.
What was done today:
- moved rhel-8 build base image to new image server
What will be done tomorrow:
- change DNS record
- disable upload images to old host
- sync old images (if some are available)
Migration should be transparent to the end user. However, you have to keep
in mind the unforeseen events that may occur.
Write access to the old server will be disabled and until DNS propagation
is not done, you could have read-only access.
If you have any doubts or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Daniel Pawlik <dpawlik(a)redhat.com>
- Javier Pena <jpena(a)redhat.com>
#rdo: RDO meeting - 2020-02-19
Meeting started by amoralej at 14:02:49 UTC. The full logs are
* roll call (amoralej, 14:03:04)
* Cannot login as root from RDO jenkins slaves to cico nodes (amoralej,
* Bug is open https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17066 (amoralej,
* required ssh keys have been added to cico nodes deployment and ssh
from jenkins slave looks fine now (amoralej, 14:08:52)
* logserver does not appear to have folder for ppc64le containers-build
job (amoralej, 14:15:39)
* folder for ppc64le containers build job in logserver will be created
on first successful collect-logs execution (amoralej, 14:23:02)
* CentOS8 updates (amoralej, 14:23:29)
* Working on getting train ready in CBS -
https://trello.com/c/y4IfMNvu (amoralej, 14:25:25)
* Dependencies repo reorganization in CentOS 8 (amoralej, 14:29:14)
* rabbitmq-server and deps will be moved to messaging sig and until
then will be in a separated repo in trunk.r.o (amoralej, 14:30:24)
* storage sig ceph repos will be synced to trunk.rdoproject.org to be
used by upstream projects until sync to mirrors is fixed (amoralej,
* some changes may be needed in repos configuration for centos8, we
will work with consumer projects to fix it (amoralej, 14:31:51)
* DocsDays is this week (amoralej, 14:34:12)
* LINK: http://rdoproject.org/events/docdays/ (leanderthal, 14:34:26)
* to improve the documentation and the website by spending an hour or
two looking for errors, outdated information, or anything else that
could be better (leanderthal, 14:34:54)
* ACTION: everyone to report and/or fix issues in documentation
* Chair for next meeting (amoralej, 14:38:40)
* ACTION: ykarel to chair next meeting (amoralej, 14:39:03)
* open floor (amoralej, 14:39:17)
Meeting ended at 14:50:54 UTC.
Action items, by person
* ykarel to chair next meeting
People present (lines said)
* amoralej (80)
* ykarel (35)
* mjturek (27)
* rdogerrit (9)
* jpena (9)
* leanderthal (9)
* baha (8)
* openstack (8)
* jcapitao (1)
* rh-jelabarre (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4