Thursday night at the PTG we'll be gathering at McGrath's for snacks and
drinks to celebrate all of your work on the Queens RDO release. This
event is free, but we need you to register, since we have rather limited
space and budget:
A HUGE thank you to Will Foster who did the work to contact the venue
and reserve the space.
McGrath's is less than 10 minutes walk from the PTG venue. We'll be
gathering starting around 6, and be there until 9pm, or until my budget
runs out, whichever comes first.
See you in Dublin!
Rich Bowen - rbowen(a)redhat.com
@RDOcommunity // @CentOSProject // @rbowen
we as a community last discussed RDO definition of done more than a
year ago and it was documented
In the meantime we have multiple changes in the RDO promotion
process, most significant is that we do not run all the CI promotion
jobs in the single Jenkins pipeline, instead there is now an
increasing number of periodic Zuul jobs in review.rdoproject.org
reporting to DLRN API database.
Promotion is performed asynchronously when all the required jobs report success.
At the same time, TripleO as the deployment project with the most
coverage in the promotion CI, has moved to be completely containerized
While RDO does provide container registry which is used with RDO
Trunk, there aren't currently plans to provide containers built from
the stable RPM builds as discussed on this list  around Pike GA.
Even if we do all the work listed in  problem stays that containers
are currently installer specific and we cannot realistically provide
separate set of containers for each of TripleO, Kolla, OSA...
Proposal would be to redefine DoD as follows:
- RDO GA release delivers RPM packages via CentOS Cloud SIG repos,
built from pristine upstream source tarballs
- CI promotion GA criteria is changed from Jenkins pipeline to the
list of jobs running with RPM packages directly, initial set would be
all weirdo jobs running in 
- TripleO jobs would not be part of RDO GA criteria since TripelO now
requires containers which RDO will not ship.TripleO promotion CI will
continue running with containers built with RDO Trunk packages.
I'm adding this topic on the agenda for the RDO meeting today, I won't
be able to join but we need to get that discussion going so we have
updated DoD ready for Queens GA.
I'll be attending the Dublin PTG and was wondering if anyone would be
interested in a birds of a feather lunch around RDO. Specifically I'd
like to talk about RDO CI for Power but I'm open to other topics. I'd
like to do it either Monday or Tuesday.
Anyone attending that would be interested?
Mike Turek <mjturek on freednode>
We've had to restart Gerrit on review.rdoproject.org a couple times, due to a repository synchronization issue with GitHub.
GitHub has disabled some crypto standards from SSH , and that broke the jsch  library version embedded with review.rdo's Gerrit. As a workaround, we have updated jsch to a newer version on Gerrit's war file, and we will make sure we get a new release in Software Factory.
If you find any issues, please let us know.
 - https://github.com/blog/2507-weak-cryptographic-standards-removed
 - http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/
#rdo: RDO meeting - 2018-02-21
Meeting started by jpena at 15:00:15 UTC. The full logs are available
* roll call (jpena, 15:00:20)
* Status of Cloud SIG Meeting? (jpena, 15:04:02)
* ACTION: number80 post on centos-devel that current schedule for
cloud SIG meeting will be confirmed until another slot is chosen
* PTG next week in Dublin. Will the RDO people present be doing an
interview? (jpena, 15:06:58)
* 28 days since promotion? What's up? (jpena, 15:14:29)
* LINK: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/12558/ and
https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/12540/ (amoralej, 15:17:14)
* open floor (jpena, 15:23:29)
* LINK: https://www.openstack.org/ptg/#tab_schedule (dmsimard,
* LINK: https://www.openstack.org/ptg#tab_schedule (rbowen, 15:30:08)
* chair for next meeting (jpena, 15:33:10)
* ACTION: move next meeting to March 7 (jpena, 15:34:40)
* ACTION: rbowen to chair the next meeting, on March 7 (jpena,
Meeting ended at 15:37:25 UTC.
Action items, by person
* number80 post on centos-devel that current schedule for cloud SIG
meeting will be confirmed until another slot is chosen
* rbowen to chair the next meeting, on March 7
People present (lines said)
* rbowen (32)
* jpena (25)
* dmsimard (20)
* number80 (15)
* amoralej (8)
* openstack (6)
* rlandy|rover (5)
* chandankumar (3)
* leanderthal (3)
* mary_grace (3)
* dmellado (2)
* sshnaidm (2)
* mjturek (2)
* rasca (1)
* rdobot (1)
* myoung (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
Today at about 16:20 UTC we had to restart zuul-server on review.rdoproject.org. The RDO Cloud had a network outage, and that was affecting Zuul, which was not queueing new changes to be reviewed.
All queued changes have been restored. However, if you sent a change for review between 13:30 UTC and 16:30 UTC and do not see any response from review.rdo's Zuul, please recheck.