[rdo-users] Validation failure logs, OOO Quickstart

James LaBarre jlabarre at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 22:12:40 UTC 2017

I keep trying to build tripleo-quickstart with different parameters, and
at the end of a 2+ hour process, it fails at validation.  Problem is,
even with a "verbose" option in the command, I have absolutely no clue
on why the build failed.  Just where does the process keep it's log
information?

With the verbose option, it bombs out at :

=================================

TASK [did the deployment pass or fail?]
task path: /root/.quickstart/playbooks/quickstart-extras-overcloud.yml:41
Friday 10 November 2017  16:57:13 -0500 (0:00:00.071)       2:12:25.331
*******
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {
    "changed": false,
    "failed": true,
    "failed_when_result": true,
    "invocation": {
        "module_args": {
            "var": "overcloud_deploy_result"
        },
        "module_name": "debug"
    },
    "overcloud_deploy_result": "failed"
}
=================================

I'd really like to figure out where it's failing, rather than having to
run yet another 2 or more hour run just to see it fail at the end (I had
tried caching the image files locally with the hopes I could cut the
build time down, but that hasn't cut off enough time).

Starting the build with:

export OOOtimestamp=`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M`
export GenConfig=minimal
export ReleaseName=pike
export ClusterNodes=config/nodes/3ctlr_1comp.yml
bash quickstart.sh --playbook quickstart-extras.yml --bootstrap
--no-clone --config config/general_config/${GenConfig}.yml -t all -S
overcloud-validate -R ${ReleaseName} -N $ClusterNodes -v 127.0.0.2 |&
tee ~/OOOlog_${OOOtimestamp}.txt

(I'm using the variables so I can have a consistent run script, should
probably make the timestamp log name run as part of the command)