[rdo-users] rdo container registry url returns 404

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 23:44:10 UTC 2017

Hi Aneesh,

let's move discussion to the RDO users list so others can benefit and
there is also issue with TripleO docs which we need to clarify with
developers working on it.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Aneesh Puttur <aputtur at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> I have a question on RDO registry for docker images. I was told by my
> colleague that you will be able to help, but if not, do you mind pointing me
> to the right person who could help me?
>
>  I am trying tripleO Containers based Overcloud Deployment and as per their
> document
> (https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/containers_deployment/overcloud.html),
> I am trying the following URL as a namespace to pull all container images.
>
> --namespace trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/master
>
> "openstack overcloud container image prepare \
>
>   --namespace trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/master \
>   --tag tripleo-ci-testing \

This is wrong in docs, testing tag should not be used outside CI jobs
since it can change any time also it is not confirmed it is working at
all!

>   --push-destination 192.168.24.1:8787 \
>   --output-images-file overcloud_containers.yaml
>
> "
>
> But this results in 404 error
>
> docker pull failed: Error: image
> master/centos-binary-aodh-api:tripleo-passed-ci not found
> retrying pulling image:
> trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/master/centos-binary-aodh-api
> docker pull failed: Error: image
> master/centos-binary-aodh-api:tripleo-passed-ci not found
> retrying pulling image:
> trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/master/centos-binary-aodh-api
> docker pull failed: Error: image
> master/centos-binary-aodh-api:tripleo-passed-ci not found
>
> Is this correct URL?

It is but there was an issue with tagging tripleo-passed-ci after
successful CI promotion, this is being worked on.
In the meantime, you can grab the hash from the last passed-ci RDO
trunk repository and use it as a tag:

$  python -c 'import urllib2;import
yaml;c=yaml.load(urllib2.urlopen("https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/current-tripleo/commit.yaml"))["commits"][0];print
"%s_%s" % (c["commit_hash"],c["distro_hash"][0:8])'
3b85715c6488a692fcdf4e4c6a589d77c60eb5a6_a3792c8d

# a quick test that container image is there:
$ skopeo inspect
docker://trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/master/centos-binary-nova-api:3b85715c6488a692fcdf4e4c6a589d77c60eb5a6_a3792c8d

Cheers,
Alan