[rdo-dev] [RDO] Weekly status for 2020-02-14

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 12:31:17 UTC 2020

Hi Yatin,

thanks for the update, I'm happy upstream virtualenv blocker is out of our way!

>   * More and more packages are dropping support for python2. We keep pinning to last known good py2 but at some point will not make sense to keep a promotion pipeline on a repo with so many pinned packages. We need to open a discussion with the TripleoCI team about it.

TripleO CI is making centos8 jobs priority, on our end we could work
on unblocking all c8 blockers mentioned below by doing temporary
workaround if needed
e.g. publishing deps like Ceph in trunk.rdo repos and rebuilding deps
in Copr if CBS is blocked.
We will also ignore aarch64 for now and add it later.

Cheers,
Alan