[rdo-dev] [RDO] Weekly status for 2020-02-14

YATIN KAREL yatinkarel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 06:19:22 UTC 2020

Hi Alan,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 6:01 PM Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Yatin,
>
> thanks for the update, I'm happy upstream virtualenv blocker is out of our
> way!
>
> >   * More and more packages are dropping support for python2. We keep
> pinning to last known good py2 but at some point will not make sense to
> keep a promotion pipeline on a repo with so many pinned packages. We need
> to open a discussion with the TripleoCI team about it.
>
> TripleO CI is making centos8 jobs priority, on our end we could work
> on unblocking all c8 blockers mentioned below by doing temporary
> workaround if needed
> e.g. publishing deps like Ceph in trunk.rdo repos and rebuilding deps
> in Copr if CBS is blocked.
> We will also ignore aarch64 for now and add it later.
>
> Yes true C8 needs to be on priority for TripleO CI, RDO and any other
teams relying on python2 considering aggressive drop of py2 upstream, we
are working on getting things unblocked by doing fixes or work arounds as
what ever seems appropriate at this point of time. We will continue on
update status on CentOS8 and python3 in our weekly meeting and on mailing
list too.

Thanks for your support and constructive suggestion always.

Cheers,
> Alan

Thanks and Regards
Yatin Karel