[rdo-dev] [RDO] Weekly status for 2020-02-14

YATIN KAREL yatinkarel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 10:54:25 UTC 2020

Promotions
* Latest promotions (TripleO CI):
    * Master:9th February
    * Train: 14th February
    * Stein: 8th February
* New release of virtualenv blocked promotions/ breaked jobs for all
releases, which
  Is now fixed, so hopefully there will be promotions soon.

Packages
  * More and more packages are dropping support for python2. We keep
pinning to last known good py2 but at some point will not make sense to
keep a promotion pipeline on a repo with so many pinned packages. We need
to open a discussion with the TripleoCI team about it.
  * Cinder-tempest-plugin is updated to 0.3.1 in stein.
  * Whitebox-tempest-plugin package is being added for Ussuri

Vexxhost
  * A new logserver.rdoproject.org is hosted on vexxhost. All zuul jobs and
ci.centos jobs are now putting logs on he new log server
  * We have started work for migrating weirdo jobs running on ci.centos to
Vexxhost, a PoC is done with some jobs
    * https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/q/topic:vexxhost

CentOS8 Preparation:
  * CBS builds for dependencies are blocked by two issues in CBS:
    * https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17013 blocking ruby builds
    * https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16968 blocking erlang
  * Progress/Issues can be checked at
    * https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rebuild-deps-centos8
  * We have started the process to build a RDO Train release in CloudSIG
repo
    * https://trello.com/c/y4IfMNvu
  * CentOS8 Dependencies needed for rpm-packaging projects are added to
trunk.rdoproject.org centos8 deps repo.
  * Ceph nautilus CBS builds are being tested, results are looking good
    * https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:ceph-centos8
  * A post has been published related to migration from CentOS 7 to 8:
    *
https://blogs.rdoproject.org/2020/02/migration-paths-for-rdo-from-centos-7-to-8/

On behalf of RDO