[rdo-list] OVS 2.7 on rdo

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 10:48:06 UTC 2017

Hi Numan,

thanks for testing! Few questions inline:

>>> No. I didn't try that.
> I did some testing locally and these are my findings
>  - After deploying a overcloud (with 3 controllers and 1 compute ) using
> tripleo-quickstart, I added the OVS 2.7 repo from here [1] manually on all

Was [1] http://cbs.centos.org/repos/cloud7-openstack-pike-candidate/x86_64/os/ ?
Can you confirm which openvswitch NVR you got?

> the nodes and triggered "openstack overcloud update stack".
> - For some reason update was always failing. Not sure what is going wrong
> - So I manually ran "yum update" on the nodes
>  - OVS 2.7 was updated successfully, but the service was  not restarted.

Numan, please report update stack failure as tripleo upstream LP bug.
Adding Sofer from the upgrades team: is there upstream tripleo
update/upgrade CI job which is testing with OVS 2.7 ?

>  - After the update everything was working fine.

Working fine without ovs service restart?

>  - Then I restarted all the nodes to have OVS 2.7 started up.
>  - After restart I was able to have my tenant networks working fine.

So that sounds promising but I'd like to get details on update stack
failure before we proceed promotion OVS 2.7 packages to the RDO Pike
repo.
Also note that 2.7.0-1 RPM from v2.7.0 tag is missing > 100 backports
on branch-2.7, upstream should really consider releasing 2.7.1.

Cheers,
Alan