[rdo-list] OVS 2.7 on rdo

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 08:42:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Numan Siddique <nusiddiq at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Numan Siddique <nusiddiq at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> of
>>>
>>> Did you also try upgrade tests? That was the pain-point with the
>>> previous OVS updates.
>>>

>> No. I didn't try that.
>>

> Hi Alan,
>
> On my local setup, I have a master of tripleo overcloud deployed. I will
> do a stack update (with the OVS 2.7 version) and come back with the results.
>
> Is this what you are expecting ? Or you are expecting an upgrade from
> Newton to Ocata or Ocata to Pike (or master) ?
>
> In the last conversation we had, you mentioned about setting up a CI job
> to test the OVS uprade ?
> Do you have any idea about it ? Is some one looking into it ? I can look
> into it if some one can point me to the right direction what needs to be
> done. (My apologies, I am not completely aware of the CI jobs run).

Hi Alan,

I did some testing locally and these are my findings

 - After deploying a overcloud (with 3 controllers and 1 compute ) using
tripleo-quickstart, I added the OVS 2.7 repo from here [1] manually on all
the nodes and triggered "openstack overcloud update stack".
- For some reason update was always failing. Not sure what is going wrong

- So I manually ran "yum update" on the nodes

 - OVS 2.7 was updated successfully, but the service was  not restarted.

 - After the update everything was working fine.

 - Then I restarted all the nodes to have OVS 2.7 started up.

 - After restart I was able to have my tenant networks working fine.

Thanks
Numan