[rdo-list] RDO-CI Scrum Weekly Scrum Recap

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 20:29:11 UTC 2017

Greetings All,

Links to the RDO-CI team scrum etherpad [1] and recording [2] from this
week's meeting are below.

Highlights:

TC/UA voting
 - sshnaidm is the UA
 - arx is the TC

Release planning for the week [3]
 - start locking down quickstart
 - take a look at upgrades
 - Alex is driving the release while Emilien is out
 - Note to complete OSP 13 planning

OVB upstream outage - te-broker [4]
 - This is fixed release
 - The change that broke te-broker came from change to incorporate RDO
Cloud. Team to consult/inform Sagi on RDO Cloud te-broker changes

Promotion status [5]
 - ^^ watch this link
 - Watching Pike blockers
 - Main pressure right now is on the Pike release

RDO Phase 2 and OSP Phase 0 (myoung)
 - We're migrating to a new Jenkins, so all the jobs are moving, slaves are
being recreated, etc.   -  - Wholesale server move.
 - The Jenkins script trigger plugin that we use extensively (modeled after
the RDO Phase 1 Jenkins jobs) is now deprecated and needs to be
removed/replaced.
 - Adding baseos jobs for all OSP releases (7-12)
 - Adding the base os version to the ontology of jobs (e.g. 7.3 vs. 7.4)
for RDO on RHEL
 - Wiring in a SQUID proxy
 - (longer term) phasing out of pre-built underclouds entirely
 - (longer term) adding rdophase2/ospphase0 OVB --> RDO Cloud jobs

Periodic job move to RDO Cloud
 - Agreed on 8hr pipeline (master and pike) and 24hr pipeline for stable
releases
 - Pike to move to 24hr shortly
 - OVB jobs are enabled
 - Multinode and Container image build and jobs already running

OVB  devmode status
 - Set up a proxy on RDO Cloud ( also needed on RH1)
 - Discussion on common_vars: [6] to enable a more standard workflow,

[1] - https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rdo-infra-scrum
[2] - https://bluejeans.com/s/kUJ8_/
[3] - https://trello.com/c/vJYz4cHM
[4] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1711913