[rdo-list] RDO-CI Scrum Weekly Scrum Recap

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 20:58:54 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 04:29:11PM -0400, Ronelle Landy wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Links to the RDO-CI team scrum etherpad [1] and recording [2] from this
> week's meeting are below.
>
> Highlights:
>
> TC/UA voting
>  - sshnaidm is the UA
>  - arx is the TC
>
> Release planning for the week [3]
>  - start locking down quickstart
>  - take a look at upgrades
>  - Alex is driving the release while Emilien is out
>  - Note to complete OSP 13 planning
>
> OVB upstream outage - te-broker [4]
>  - This is fixed release
>  - The change that broke te-broker came from change to incorporate RDO
> Cloud. Team to consult/inform Sagi on RDO Cloud te-broker changes
>
> Promotion status [5]
>  - ^^ watch this link
>  - Watching Pike blockers
>  - Main pressure right now is on the Pike release
>
> RDO Phase 2 and OSP Phase 0 (myoung)
>  - We're migrating to a new Jenkins, so all the jobs are moving, slaves are
> being recreated, etc.   -  - Wholesale server move.
>  - The Jenkins script trigger plugin that we use extensively (modeled after
> the RDO Phase 1 Jenkins jobs) is now deprecated and needs to be
> removed/replaced.
>  - Adding baseos jobs for all OSP releases (7-12)
>  - Adding the base os version to the ontology of jobs (e.g. 7.3 vs. 7.4)
> for RDO on RHEL
>  - Wiring in a SQUID proxy
>  - (longer term) phasing out of pre-built underclouds entirely
>  - (longer term) adding rdophase2/ospphase0 OVB --> RDO Cloud jobs
>
> Periodic job move to RDO Cloud
>  - Agreed on 8hr pipeline (master and pike) and 24hr pipeline for stable
> releases
>  - Pike to move to 24hr shortly
>  - OVB jobs are enabled
>  - Multinode and Container image build and jobs already running
>
> OVB  devmode status
>  - Set up a proxy on RDO Cloud ( also needed on RH1)

Sorry for missing your meeting, I wanted to talk more about this.  Which 'proxy'
are you referring to in RDO cloud? I discussed a little yesterday with sshaidm
[7].  The TL;DR version is, I'd love to delete the squid proxy that is running
in tripleo-test-cloud-rh1, and not use it in RDOcloud.  The replacement would be
the mirror server running at
mirror.regionone.tripleo-test-cloud-rh1.openstack.org and launch that in
RDOcloud as mirror.regionone.rdocloud.rdoproject.org.

[7] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23rdo/%23rdo.2017-08-22.log.html#t2017-08-22T15:09:51