[rdo-list] os-collect-config, cnf endpoint and InternalAPI configuration

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:59:05 UTC 2016

Hello rdo-list,

i'm playing now with some stacks using OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployment
(first time).
I'm running Mitaka on this openstack setup.
My stack is using the default signal_transport (CFN as far as i can understand).

I've seen os-collect-config not working because after the startup
configured in this way:

/etc/os-collect-config.conf

[DEFAULT]
command = os-refresh-config
collectors = ec2
collectors = cfn
collectors = local

[cfn]
metadata_url = http://172.25.122.11:8000/v1/
stack_name = test_lab
secret_access_key = 13c40f89a12142ca826e059788ad2258
access_key_id = 88111670b6fb41ef816696c871986d89
path = rundeck.Metadata

I see that the metadata url is pointing to a right IP from the
internal API pool.

First question: should i find that url listed as endpoint with
openstack endpoint list ?

Second (and more important question):
It's the right behavior connecting to the InternalAPI url for a VM?

I set up my internal API network as a private network between
openstack nodes, and it is not routed and not accessible with the rest
of the world.
Should i set this network as routed (and add default gateways to the hosts?)
I tried to understand this from docs (i did the setup through TripleO)
both from official, community and RH ones, but had no luck on
clarifying this question.

Thank you in advance for the explanations,

Luca

--
"E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle

"Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>