[rdo-list] os-collect-config, cnf endpoint and InternalAPI configuration

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:14:10 UTC 2016

Hi Luca,

Most heat templates (E.g. openshift on openstack) expect to see the url on
the external endpoint. So I usually run:

sudo openstack-config --set /etc/heat/heat.conf DEFAULT
heat_metadata_server_url http://EXTERNAL_VIP:8000
sudo openstack-config --set /etc/heat/heat.conf DEFAULT
heat_waitcondition_server_url http://EXTERNAL_VIP:8000/v1/waitcondition

(on all controllers then pcs resource restart if using HA)

I think this can be adjusted in better ways than the above (Endpoint map
perhaps or in Newton?) but this gives me what I need.

Regards

Christopher Brown