[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager ovecloud change existing plan, how?

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue May 26 19:07:37 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 02:19 PM, Pedro Sousa wrote:
> Hi Hugh,
>
> I've tried to change the plan:
>
> # tuskar plan-update -A Compute-1::NeutronEnableTunnelling=False
> c91b13a2-afd6-4eb2-9a78-46335190519d
> # tuskar plan-update -A Controller-1::NeutronEnableTunnelling=False
> c91b13a2-afd6-4eb2-9a78-46335190519d
> # export NEUTRON_NETWORK_TYPE=vlan
>
> But the stack failed, I also see that plan-update doesn't work:

It depends on what you did between the lines above and the line below.

If you're making the updates above and then running
instack-deploy-overcloud, it's not going to work. That script deletes
the plan and recreates it, losing your updates in the process.

That logic (role addition and plan create) is being moved out of
instack-deploy-overcloud to an installation-time step to enable this
sort of thing (not fully sure the state of that, but the UI needs the
plan create to be done during install as well).