[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager Build Plans and building Operational Toolchain for RDO

Graeme Gillies ggillies at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 02:11:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm currently responsible for building and maintaining the Operational
Toolchain for RHEL-OSP and RDO (which is Optional at deploy time) which
includes the following areas

* Centralised Logging
* Performance Monitoring
* Availability Monitoring

At the moment this consists of around 140 packages for the following tools

collectd
graphite
grafana
sensu
uchiwa
elasticsearch
fluentd
kibana

I wanted to open a discussion about what's the best way for me to get
these built and part of the RDO ecosystem (assuming it makes sense to do
so). This list may grow as we and the community look to expand the tools
that form part of that ecosystem (e.g. influxdb for better metrics
storage, or ansible for writing ad-hoc maintenance tasks).

I know that RDO itself is now being built in cbs.centos.org, and
RDO-Manager is built by delorean. How do people feel it would be best
for me to move these tools into RDO (even if it's a seperate repo, like
RDO-Manager currently is). Should I look to build through a new set of
tags in cbs.centos.org? Or use delorean? Or something else?

Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Graeme

--
Graeme Gillies