[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager Build Plans and building Operational Toolchain for RDO

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 10 13:54:47 UTC 2015

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently responsible for building and maintaining the Operational
> Toolchain for RHEL-OSP and RDO (which is Optional at deploy time) which
> includes the following areas
>
> * Centralised Logging
> * Performance Monitoring
> * Availability Monitoring
>
> At the moment this consists of around 140 packages for the following tools
>
> collectd
> graphite
> grafana
> sensu
> uchiwa
> elasticsearch
> fluentd
> kibana
>
> I wanted to open a discussion about what's the best way for me to get
> these built and part of the RDO ecosystem (assuming it makes sense to do
> so). This list may grow as we and the community look to expand the tools
> that form part of that ecosystem (e.g. influxdb for better metrics
> storage, or ansible for writing ad-hoc maintenance tasks).
>
> I know that RDO itself is now being built in cbs.centos.org, and
> RDO-Manager is built by delorean. How do people feel it would be best
> for me to move these tools into RDO (even if it's a seperate repo, like
> RDO-Manager currently is). Should I look to build through a new set of
> tags in cbs.centos.org? Or use delorean? Or something else?

Could we have a list?
Then we could check their status and see how we could get them all.
Basically, they must be reviewed and imported on fedora dist-git
(except few cases)
and then we will rebuild them in CBS for RDO/EL7 (by apevec or me)

I assume that these tools are not tied to a specific version of openstack so we
should leverage the cloud7-openstack-common-xxx tags.

doc: https://openstack.redhat.com/packaging/rdo-packaging.html#rdo-pkg-guide

Drop by the RDO packaging meeting or if you can't make it, update the
agenda and/or
contact apevec or me. I suspect that you can't attend as you're in Australia.
Reviews should be announced on this list to raise attention, even
informal reviews
help making the process faster.

Thanks for spear-heading this effort :)

H.