[Rdo-list] Fwd: Trystack account without Facebook possible?

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 14:21:07 UTC 2015

On 06/10/2015 08:59 AM, Kambiz Aghaiepour wrote:
> On 10/06/15 10:27 +0200, Christian Berendt wrote:
>> On 06/09/2015 09:01 PM, Dan Radez wrote:
>>> We have a Kilo installation that is waiting for new IP space for
>>> deployment that is planned to offer a non-FB authentication option.
>>
>> Great.
>>
>> We have https://openstackid.org/. Will it be possible to login with
>> OpenStack IDs?
>>
>> Christian.
>
> That is the plan.  I'm working to set that up on the new trystack to use
> openstackid.org.  The current/existing trystack uses facebook
> integration (I haven't looked at the code; Dan Radez knows that
> particular setup, though neither of us are a fan of it).  I'm looking to
> see if it's possible to login to the current juno based trystack without
> facebook if the account is created manually.

Thanks for the update. Anecdotally, this is the most common complaint I
hear about Trystack when I tell people about it at events. They're
excited about it right up until they see that auth is Facebook.

On the other side, we have close to 20,000 registered users on the
Facebook auth side, and while I'm certain that the vast majority of
these are drive-by or single-use folks, we want to be sure that we have
a clear way to migrate them to the new auth, even if that's just sending
out instructions for recreating their account.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/