[Rdo-list] OpenStack Juno: best way to implement quotas?

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 00:10:49 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 04:24 PM, Steve Poe wrote:
> My colleagues and I are looking at using OpenStack Juno internally
> using in various install methods (pre-packaged enterprise offering,
> manual via packages, etc. I picked RDO. I am responsible for evaluating
> quota usage.
>
>  We'll have different development teams using our environment in one
> network. Each development team may have their own project where quotas
> can be adjusted when necessary. However, each project/tenant gets its
> own network. I wish I could associate multiple projects with one network.
>
> I was hoping to use projects in managing/implementing quotas
> (instances, cores, ram, storage, etc.) for the dev teams, but maybe I
> am approaching incorrectly. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

Have you tried creating a shared network? I haven't tried to share a
network between projects, but this works for creating one network that
multiple tenants can use:

neutron net-create --shared my-network

You would need to run that with admin credentials. Please let the list
know if this works for you.

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack