[Rdo-list] Icehouse Neutron DB code bug still persists?

Jakub Libosvar libosvar at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 12:54:24 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 02:25 PM, Kodiak Firesmith wrote:
> Hello,
> First go-round with Openstack and first post on the list so bear with me...
>
> I've been working through the manual installation of RDO using the
> docs.openstack installation guide.  Everything went smoothly for the
> most part until Neutron.  It appears I've been hit by the same bug(?)
> discussed here:
> http://www.marshut.com/ithyup/net-create-issue.html#ithzts, and here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2014-March/msg00005.html
> ...among other places.
>
> Upon first launch of the neutron-server daemon, this appears in the
> neutron-server log file:  http://paste.openstack.org/show/86614/
>
> And once you go into the db you can see that a bunch of tables are not
> created that should be.
>
> As the first link alludes to, it looks like a MyISAM / InnoDB
> formatting mix-up but I'm no MySQL guy so I can't prove that.
>
> I would really like if someone on the list who is a bit more
> experienced with this stuff could please see if the suspicions raised
> in the links above are correct, and if so, could the RDO people please
> provide a workaround to get me back up and running with our test
> deployment?
>
> Thanks!
>  - Kodiak

Hi Kodiak,

I think there is a bug in documentation, I'm missing running
neutron-db-manage command to create scheme for neutron.
Can you please try to
1. stop neutron-server
2. create a new database
3. set connection string in neutron.conf
4. run
     neutron-db-manage --config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
--config-file <path_to_your_core_plugin_file.ini> upgrade head
5. start neutron-server

Kuba