[Rdo-list] Icehouse Neutron DB code bug still persists?

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:25:45 UTC 2014

Hello,
First go-round with Openstack and first post on the list so bear with me...

I've been working through the manual installation of RDO using the
docs.openstack installation guide.  Everything went smoothly for the
most part until Neutron.  It appears I've been hit by the same bug(?)
discussed here:
http://www.marshut.com/ithyup/net-create-issue.html#ithzts, and here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2014-March/msg00005.html
...among other places.

Upon first launch of the neutron-server daemon, this appears in the
neutron-server log file:  http://paste.openstack.org/show/86614/

And once you go into the db you can see that a bunch of tables are not
created that should be.

As the first link alludes to, it looks like a MyISAM / InnoDB
formatting mix-up but I'm no MySQL guy so I can't prove that.

I would really like if someone on the list who is a bit more
experienced with this stuff could please see if the suspicions raised
in the links above are correct, and if so, could the RDO people please
provide a workaround to get me back up and running with our test
deployment?

Thanks!
 - Kodiak