[Rdo-list] CentOS Cloud Sig efforts

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 17:12:25 UTC 2014

There is a meeting scheduled with the CentOS community on Thursday this
week to work out some of the details of the new Cloud SIG.  Anyone
interested is welcome to attend (meeting details are below).  Rich and I
will be representing the RDO community, and we wanted to reach out to
make sure we cover everything that we want to get out of the new SIG.
Current things we know we want:

* place to deliver common packages like kernel, kvm, etc
* variant that includes RDO packages
* ability to build and deliver CentOS based LiveCD images that contain
RDO code
* ability to build and deliver CentOS based guest images
* ability to build and deliver RDO packages
* Ability to produce custom install media with RDO branding

Please let us know if there are any other things that I'm missing or
that you think should be included.

Thanks

Mike

--

Meeting details:

I'd like to invite everyone wanting to contribute to the Cloud SIG and
representing a project outside centos.org to come along for a chat on
google hangout at the CentOS OfficeHours 23rd Jan 2014 @ 16:00 UTC.

Because we only have a few slots for people to talk, I've shortlisted
these folks:

OpenStack: Mike Burns, Dave Neary, Rich Bowen
Eucalyptus: Greg DK
OpenNebula: Jaime Melis
CloudStack: Sebastien Goasguen
oVirt: Doron Fediuck

If you want to be on this list, please get in touch. If you are on this
list but cant make it at that date/time, please nominate someone else in
your place and let me know their email address so I can notify them of
the url to join.

This will be a video/audio session and will be publicly broadcast over
youtube/hangouts on air; the recording of the session will be available
immediately after. Bonus cookies for everyone who turns up in their
project tshirts!

You can see what time that is on your local timezone at this url :
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140123T16&am=30

About the session:
- Plan on an hour
- Every project should do a few minutes worth of a pitch about what they
would like to see as a good first goal and a good longer term goal.
- We can then discuss delivery mechanis, and how the forward maintenance
of the projects payload is going to work ( essentially, workout how the
rpms will map to os/ and updates/ )
- Consider the workflow from git.centos.org ( KB to do a 5 min demo )