[rdo-users] TripleO - Renew all containers

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 16:07:44 UTC 2020

On 27/10/2020 13:47, Khodayar Doustar wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> I've done that like this:
>
> openstack overcloud deploy --templates -r ..........
> -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/disable-telemetry.yaml
>
> but it didn't change anything.
> I can remove the containers manually, but:
>
> 1. I thought it should remove the container itself when you undo
> something, isn't that right?

I've been told, it's not.
You need explicitly to describe what you want the installer to do.

If you'd remove the collectd containers, you should get the cloud in a
usable state quickly, since that won't overwhelm gnocchi anymore.
Again, using traditional telemetry in such a large deployment is not a
good idea. Use ceph as gnocchi backend, if you really need gnocchi.

Matthias