[rdo-users] RDO meeting (2020-01-05) minutes

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 10:07:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 2:15 AM Lin, Shuicheng <shuicheng.lin at intel.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alfredo,
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Currently, we use Openstack packages from CentOS repository [0].
>
> So I expect I cannot get Openstack Train packages from CentOS mirror in a
> short time, such as within next 2 months. Is it right?

It's hard to make a commitment, as we depend on external factors that we
can't control. Anyway, I'd suggest you to follow our progress and also to
participate in the rdo meetings [1].

> Another question is, is it ok to use srpm/rpm directly from RDO repo, do
> you have any suggestion?
>
> It seems the packages are keeping building daily [1], do we have stable
> build, and how about the test quality?

My suggestion is to use the the RDO Trunk repos that you mentioned. RDO
Trunk is used for CI in some projects as TripleO, packstack and puppet
modules. Currently we don't have CI on centos8-train but we will set up a
promotion pipeline based on packstack and puppet-openstack-integration jobs
until we can add tripleo based coverage too similar to what we have for
centos8-master[2]. That should provide good quality on the repos by using a
promoted link (puppet-passed-ci). I'll keep you updated with the status of
this new promotion pipeline

> Thanks very much for your support.
>

> [0]:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7.7.1908/cloud/x86_64/openstack-train/