[rdo-users] Verify Tunnel Traffic

Todd Leishman toddleish at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:49:04 UTC 2019

Hello,
I am setting up OpenStack with Packstack – 1 Controller node + 2 Compute Nodes.

In the instructions here:
https://www.rdoproject.org/install/adding-a-compute-node/
It says to “Set CONFIG_NEUTRON_OVS_TUNNEL_IF to eth1 or whatever name your network card uses.” In order to isolate tenant traffic.  I have done this (although using ens2f1).

After running Packstack with the answer file, my line:
       Set CONFIG_NEUTRON_OVS_TUNNEL_IF=ens2f1
Is changed to:
	Set CONFIG_NEUTRON_OVS_TUNNEL_IF=
The ens2f1 has been removed.

How do I verify in OpenStack that the tunnel has actually been created and that tenant traffic is actually using ens2f1?

Thanks for your help!

Todd Leishman
toddleish at gmail.com