[rdo-users] RHOSP 10 failed overcloud deployment

Anda Nicolae anicolae at lenovo.com
Fri Feb 2 09:04:28 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Thanks for the info about the 2 networks (external and ctlplane) that I need on the overcloud VMs (controller and compute).
Now br-ex on my overcloud VMs has the external IP address and I am able to ping overcloud VMs on both external and ctlplane IP addresses.

Also, since for the external network I use static IPs, in my ips-from-pool-all.yaml, I have:
OS::TripleO::Compute::Ports::ExternalPort: ../network/ports/external_from_pool_compute.yaml

external_from_pool_compute.yaml is similar to external_from_pool.yaml file. I've noticed that I if use noop.yaml, the external IP is not assigned to eth0 interface on the compute node.
I hope it is correct to use it like this.

I have continued with my overcloud deployment and I've noticed that some progress has been made:
- Controller resource is now in CREATE_COMPLETE state
- although deployment still fails, I can connect to the overcloud VMs via both ctlplane IP and external IP and check the logs, after the failure of the deploy operation

Compute resource fails with the CREATE aborted reason. I've looked in /valog/messages on the overcloud compute VM and I've noticed the following error messages that keep repeating:
Feb  2 03:09:36 localhost os-collect-config: Source [ec2] Unavailable.
Feb  2 03:09:36 localhost os-collect-config: /var/lib/os-collect-config/local-data not found. Skipping
Feb  2 03:09:36 localhost os-collect-config: No local metadata found (['/var/lib/os-collect-config/local-data'])
Feb  2 03:10:16 localhost os-collect-config: HTTPConnectionPool(host='169.254.169.254', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /latest/meta-data/ (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x2752190>, 'Connection to 169.254.169.254 timed out. (connect timeout=10.0)'))

From heat-engine.log, I have:
2018-02-01 19:26:32.253 3348 DEBUG neutronclient.v2_0.client [req-c27f050c-b743-4e1d-a706-e01e63a43b49 fdfcf2f659a94e57829dbefc618f3d3b 453c1e37b83f4f8e8a49dab299e8224d - - -] Error message: {"NeutronError": {"message": "Port 0292b718-2c28-4b0c-a517-c481c547b711 could not be found.", "type": "PortNotFound", "detail": ""}} _handle_fault_response /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutronclient/v2_0/client.py:266

I have 2 questions regarding the deployment:
1. Does any of the error messages above cause the failed deployment of the Compute resource?
2. In my network-environment.yaml, I haven't set InternalApiNetCidr, TenantNetCidr, InternalApiNetworkVlanID, TenantNetworkVlanID.
Do I need to set these in order to make de overcloud deployment work?

Thanks,
Anda