[rdo-users] openvswitch -> dpdk -> ... dependency

iain MacDonnell rdo-list at dseven.org
Wed Dec 12 01:16:19 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM iain MacDonnell <rdo-list at dseven.org> wrote:
> >
> > I just tried to apply the latest Rocky updates, and found that
> > python2-openvswitch-2.9.0-3.el7.noarch.rpm has been replaced by
> > python-openvswitch-2.10.1-1.el7.x86_64.rpm, and that has dependencies
> > on a bunch of dpdk libraries. After Googling around, I found dpdk in
> > the Extras repo (I have not had to install anything from Extras until
> > now), but after installing that, I'm getting spew like this:
> >
> > PMD: net_mlx5: cannot load glue library: libibverbs.so.1: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > PMD: net_mlx5: cannot initialize PMD due to missing run-time
> > dependency on rdma-core libraries (libibverbs, libmlx5)
> > PMD: net_mlx4: cannot load glue library: libibverbs.so.1: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > PMD: net_mlx4: cannot initialize PMD due to missing run-time
> > dependency on rdma-core libraries (libibverbs, libmlx4)
> >

> Not exactly related to the request but `yum install libibverbs` will
> stop this stuff from showing up.  it seems to be a missing soft
> dependency that should probably be included in one of the related
> packages.

Yes, I found that out after the last email, and was just trying to
figure out exactly what it is that's causing the attempt to load
libibverbs - it happens in every bash shell that I start, for example.

The missing dependency is definitely a problem for updating existing
environments (unless you happen to have libibverbs installed through
some other circumstances).

    ~iain