[rdo-dev] Building and shipping RPMs from Ansible collections

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 11:06:43 UTC 2020

> Even worse: upstream testing is done using Ubuntu, does this mean that we start building debs too?

TripleO is not tested with Ubuntu and we don't ship anything in OSP
for Ubuntu, so no, we're not going to start building debs.

> Ansible 2.9 introduced a way to install modules, via collections, which is not platform dependent.

We need to test what we ship to customers, so we need to figure that
out first for Ansible, together with the Ansible team.
Has shipping on Red Hat CDN for Collections been defined by the
Ansible organization?
e.g. for Python we do not ship wheels, we ship Python RPMs. OTOH, for
CI pieces which do not get shipped to customers installing from pypi
is fine and we're doing it, so native Ansible Collections for CI
framework dependencies will be fine too.

Alan