[rdo-dev] Out-of-date rdo-release package

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 09:29:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this issue.

Some responses below.

Regards,

Alfredo

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 8:16 PM James Cassell <fedoraproject at cyberpear.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that the rdo-release packages have not been updated for RDO Rocky.

Yes, we didn't update it at Rocky release, sorry for that.

> Following the packstack instructions for RHEL currently gets you a Queens
> installation rather than Rocky:
> https://www.rdoproject.org/install/packstack/
>
> You get the queens release when you install
> https://www.rdoproject.org/repos/rdo-release.rpm

It's fixed. Now you should get rocky when installing that package.

> I browsed around and found a rdo-release-rocky package, but the repos
> installed by that package have rdo-release disabled, and rdo-testing
> enabled:
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-rocky/rdo-release-rocky-0.noarch.rpm

Fixed too. We've created
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-rocky/rdo-release-rocky-1.noarch.rpm
which has release enabled and testing disabled. Default rdo-release point
to this new build.

> Is there anything I can do to help get these updated?  (Or are we
> intentionally pointing users to long-life releases?)
>
> In any case, I think it would be appropriate to update the
> rdo-release-rocky to enable the regular repo and disable the testing repo.
>
> An added bonus would be a repo for the *-release packages so that the user
> can 'yum install rdo-release-stein' when the time comes, rather than having
> to hunt down the url.

Note that this package rdo-release is only intended when not using CentOS
7. If you are using CentOS, you can just run:

yum install centos-release-openstack-rocky

(or your desired release) and it will configure all the required repos.