[rdo-dev] Out-of-date rdo-release package

James Cassell fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Sat Mar 9 19:05:25 UTC 2019

Hello,

It seems that the rdo-release packages have not been updated for RDO Rocky.

Following the packstack instructions for RHEL currently gets you a Queens installation rather than Rocky: https://www.rdoproject.org/install/packstack/

You get the queens release when you install https://www.rdoproject.org/repos/rdo-release.rpm

I browsed around and found a rdo-release-rocky package, but the repos installed by that package have rdo-release disabled, and rdo-testing enabled: https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-rocky/rdo-release-rocky-0.noarch.rpm

Is there anything I can do to help get these updated?  (Or are we intentionally pointing users to long-life releases?)

In any case, I think it would be appropriate to update the rdo-release-rocky to enable the regular repo and disable the testing repo.

An added bonus would be a repo for the *-release packages so that the user can 'yum install rdo-release-stein' when the time comes, rather than having to hunt down the url.

Thanks for your consideration!

V/r,
James Cassell