[rdo-dev] doing a docker pull from rdo registry?

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 16:04:11 UTC 2019

It seem that i am facing some issues trying to follow the documentation for pulling images with docker.

Based on https://rdo-container-registry.readthedocs.io/en/latest/using.html

There is a mention of a "-e unused" argument on docker.

docker login -p abcdef_token -e unused -u unused trunk.registry.rdoproject.org

$ docker login --help
Usage:	docker login [OPTIONS] [SERVER]

Log in to a Docker registry.
If no server is specified, the default is defined by the daemon.

  -p, --password string   Password
      --password-stdin    Take the password from stdin
  -u, --username string   Username

I assumed that this argument was removed and I skipped it.

docker login -p ABCD -u unused trunk.registry.rdoproject.org
WARNING! Using --password via the CLI is insecure. Use --password-stdin.
WARNING! Your password will be stored unencrypted in /root/.docker/config.json.
Configure a credential helper to remove this warning. See
https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/login/#credentials-store

Login Succeeded

root at n0:~ # docker pull trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/rhel8/rhel8-rhui:8.0-126
Error response from daemon: unauthorized: authentication required

So right after getting the login successful, I get an authentication required....

How to address this?

Thanks
Sorin

docker --version