[rdo-dev] openstack-newton rpm packages unavailable now

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 12:45:24 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM, lucker zheng <lucker6666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to trouble, I met a problem when I want to install RDO newton version,
> after installed the rdo-release-newton.rpm, it links to repo
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-newton/
> seems no rpm avaiable there, is this a mistake?

CentOS SIG repos are retired everytime when CentOS minor update is released,
and it's up to SIG to declare which of their releases should be retired.
In this case OpenStack Newton was EOLed upstream already Oct 2017:
https://releases.openstack.org/
Old packages are frozen at
http://vault.centos.org/centos/7.4.1708/cloud/x86_64/openstack-newton/
and are NOT receiving any updates, so please do not use them!

> BTW I didn't find it in
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/EOL/

Those are only archives of rdo-release RPMs only anyway and we should
probably get rid of that old hosting location in Fedora.

> and I found the build system successful built newton jobs at
> https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-newton/report.html

Those are available to support Fast Forward Upgrades CI testing from
Newton to Queens, building project which did not push newton-eol tags
yet. Anything else is frozen at Newton EOL point.
Other than for CI, any other usage of those packages is not
recommended, best would be if you could upgrade to the latest RDO
Queens release ASAP.

Cheers,
Alan