[rdo-dev] Status of python3 PoC in RDO - 13-jul-2018

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 16:16:04 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I think having the two separated images is the only way we can ensure we
> are not polluting the image in the initial phase with packages newer that
> in the stabilized repo.
>
> This should be a small list, are any of those actually included in the
> base image?

Yes, the list is small but we can't be sure if it will change at some
point, and analysing if we are having one of those cases on each change is
too error prone, IMO.

> Alternatively, which jobs use "normal" f28 images, could we switch
> them to use "stabilized" f28 ?

fedora-stable has the required packages to run and build python3 packages.
Currently it's missing some requirements for the jobs running on fedora 28
image although it's something we could work on.

> Alan

Maybe I'm underestimating the cost of maintaining two different images for
fedora, but my understanding is that the resources the extra image uses and
the effort to maintain is workable. Please, correct me if i'm wrong.