[rdo-dev] [Octavia] Providing service VM images in RDO

Javier Pena jpena at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 15:58:25 UTC 2018

----- Original Message -----
> Bumping the thead, upstream patches are merged now [0]
>
> With current upstream code, I can generate an image from master packages
> with:
> $ wget
> https://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1801-01.qcow2
> $ virt-customize -a CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1801-01.qcow2
> --selinux-relabel --run-command 'yum-config-manager --add-repo
> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/delorean-deps.repo'
> $ virt-customize -a CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1801-01.qcow2
> --selinux-relabel --run-command 'yum-config-manager --add-repo
> https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo'
> $ DIB_LOCAL_IMAGE=/home/stack/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1801-01.qcow2
>  /opt/stack/octavia/diskimage-create/diskimage-create.sh -p -i centos
> -o amphora-x64-haproxy-centos.qcow2
>
> This is with devstack, but will be mostly the same when RDO packages
> are updated (just the script location that then comes from
> openstack-octavia-diskimage-create package)

I have run a quick test with the latest openstack-octavia-diskimage-create package from RDO Trunk, and it works like a charm.

> So what are the next steps here? missing information, place to track
> this, item for next meeting, action items, … ?

Let's add it as an item for the next meeting, so we define a plan. My proposal would be a daily build using a periodic job, storing images in a new path under images.rdoproject.org.

Regards,
Javier