[rdo-dev] [Octavia] Providing service VM images in RDO

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 19:00:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Javier Pena <jpena at redhat.com> wrote:
> If we want to deliver via RPM and build on each Octavia change, we could try to add it to the octavia spec and build it using DLRN. Does the script require many external resources besides diskimage-builder?
> I'm not sure if that would work on CBS though, if we need to have network connectivity during the build process.

I would be concerned with the storage required, also we need to
trigger not only on Octavia distgit or upstream changes, all included
RPMs need to be checked checked for updates.
This could be simulated with dummy commits in distgit to force e.g.
nightly refresh but due to storage requirements, I'd keep image builds
outside trunk repos.

Cheers,
Alan