[rdo-dev] [ptg] Dublin PTG lunch?

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 27 15:12:57 UTC 2018

Just wanted to thank you all for coming to the lunch today! I think we
were able to settle some important questions and raised some new ones. I
took some notes and figured I would share the relevant ones here:

-ppc hardware in the centos community
   - Enough for running packstack and puppet scenarios
   - Possibly enough to do container builds

-tripleo
   - Containers are built as a first step in the job
         - Eventually get published to dockerhub if verification is
successful
   - OVB is used, even in promotion pipeline. Triple O jobs are virtualized.
   - tripleo-quickstart will be required for validation but not for
container builds
         - We could initially spin up a community job to build
containers in the community but not verify them

If I misunderstood anything, or if you have anything you'd like to add
to the notes, please feel free to amend them.

Regarding Triple O, there will be a CI session tomorrow morning
(Wednesday) in the Triple O room. Some of what we discussed today will
probably be discussed there as well. I know Tony and I will be
attending, but if you are interested, please join in!

Thanks,
Mike Turek