[rdo-dev] [ppc64le] Delorean Octavia ppc64le Packages

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Aug 21 23:50:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 06:03:29AM -0400, Javier Pena wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> It looks like you found the only non-noarch package :). As you
> mentioned, there is nothing x86-specific in the package, just the fact
> that it is compiled using Go. Unfortunately, our RDO Trunk infra
> consists just of x86 VMs, so we do not have the means to build it for
> ppc64le.
>
> Maybe you could setup a DLRN instance to build just the Octavia
> package, and then use that repo in your tests with a higher priority?

That'd be fine as a quick test for debugging, but we'd need to come up
with a way to grow multi-arch support in dlrn and RDO.

*if* you had a ppc64le builder, could you incorporate the rpms into RDO?
You'd need to setup something like:

https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/current/
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/current/source (optional)
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/current/x86_64
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/current/ppc64le

wouldn't you? where each arch comes from a separate builder but that's a
bit atypical :(

mock in the latest Fedora supports multiple architectures I wonder if we
could leverage that somehow?

Another approach would be to move that RPM to another repo built in CBS
?

Yours Tony.