[rdo-dev] [ppc64le] Delorean Octavia ppc64le Packages

Adam Kimball baha at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 17 19:59:48 UTC 2018

Hey all,

I've been working alongside Mike Turek to try to get Triple O containers
building on ppc64le. We're currently hung up on the
python-octavia-tests-tempest-golang package from the delorean repo. If
you go take a look at the repo itself [1], you'll see that the only
packages being published exclusively for x86 are the octavia ones.

The openstack-queens repo [2] offers all of the octavia packages built
for ppc64le, so there's definitely not an x86 requirement, but their
version does not match that required for the Triple O containers. We
need someone to build the octavia packages (especially
python-octavia-tests-tempest-golang) for ppc64le in the delorean
repository to stop versioning conflicts.

Thanks!
Adam Kimball

[1] -
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/e4/fc/e4fcd2c5732e7d366639d07245c493329f463381_ffda0a4a