[rdo-list] static delorean-deps repos

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 16:07:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Had a brief discussion on the release delivery meeting this morning with Jon
> Schlueter where as the rel-del had a requirement for the CI to constantly
> execute to retest any potential changes to the delorean-deps yum repo.
> This is required because it informs the import process.
>
> Ideally we don't have to constantly tax both our hardware and people
> resources because we have have an unpinned repo that can change at any
> moment.
>
> A static delorean-deps repo married to a delorean repo would be more
> efficient for everyone.  How that is achieved is under discussion.

Having static delorean-deps repo for a RDO Trunk hash may be
problematic also because centos, virtualization and ceph repos are
changing repos and we may need to introduce new
dependencies for the same hash.

What i'd propose is to have versioned dependencies repos so that jobs
can easily report the version of deps used and replay the job with a
specific dependencies snapshot if needed.