[dev] Mailing list changes

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 10:52:24 UTC 2017

This information also appears at
http://rdoproject.org/blog/2017/10/mailing-list-changes/ and should be
reflected on the mailing list details page at
http://rdoproject.org/contribute/mailing-lists/

You need to be aware of recent changes to our mailing lists
What Happened, and Why?

Since the start of the project we have had one mailing list for both users
and developers of the RDO project. Over time, we felt that user questions
have been drowned out by the more technical developer-oriented discussion,
leaving users/operators out of the conversation.

To this end, we've decided to split the one mailing list -
rdo-list at redhat.com - into two new mailing lists - dev at lists.rdoproject.org
and users at lists.rdoproject.org

We've also moved the rdo-newsletter at redhat.com list to the new
newsletter at lists.rdoproject.org email address.
What you need to do

You need to update your contacts list to reflect this change, and start
sending email to the new addresses.

As in any typical open source project, user conversations (questions,
discussion, community announcements, and so on) should go to the users
list, while developer related discussion should go to the dev list.

If you send email to the old address, you should receive an immediate
autoresponse reminding you of the new addresses.

List descriptions and archives are now all at
https://lists.rdoproject.org/mailman/listinfo. Please let me know if you
see references to the old list information, so we can get it updated.

Thanks!

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@rbowen // @rdocommunity // @CentOSProject