[rdo-list] IRC "Office Hours"

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:32:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:
[cut]
> The frustration that was being expressed was coming to #rdo to ask
> questions, and getting no response. So, while I don't actually see this
> happening very often, if we knew there were times we could count on
> someone paying attention, that would help.

That's the same frustration i had firsts time in #rdo, and i suppose
is the same that users has when logging to #openstack that is mostly
dead.
IRC is quite unused in recent times by users, and devs use only for
communicating between them and users are mostly of the time ignored.

I never left #rdo only because i was more or less lurking and trying
to understand how the community was working, but this is not the case
of most of the users joining irc channels looking for help.

I'll gladly help, but this will require a better collaboration between
#rdo-ers, because if only few is open to help, the goal of making
users more confortable is hard to reach (had the same issue with
Italian Ubuntu Local Community Team).

Luca

--
"E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle

"Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>