[rdo-list] [Docs] "Quickstart" in our documentation

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 16:54:24 UTC 2017

We use the term "Quickstart" in a number of different ways in our
documentation. Primarily, we use it to refer to the TripleO and
Packstack "quick" installation methods.

Long ago, when the world was young, Quickstart referred only to
Packstack. We then had a variety of Quickstart variant docs, most of
which are gone now. Then we did the TripleO Quickstart.

This ticket: https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website/issues/931 -
and this one - https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website/issues/924 -
discuss clarifying this, and using the term "Quickstart" only to refer
to the TripleO Quickstart.

I wanted to be sure that this conversation is seen by more people, so
that we're framing this in a way that both makes sense to beginners, and
correctly reflects the direction we want to go with this as a project.

So, we have:

* Packstack: For an all-in-one proof of concept cloud
* TripleO Quickstart: (How do we want to advertise this?)
* TripleO.org: For actual real-world production deployments

Yes? Comments?

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org