[rdo-list] Heads up: Ceph Luminous (next LTS) is in release candidate

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Fri Jul 21 22:27:57 UTC 2017

hi Kevin,

for these same reasons tripleo stayed on jewel as well, but we'd like to
investigate the effort necessary for the switch.

CentOS can ship multiple versions of Ceph for the same OS version, it
provides two already centos-release-ceph-hammer and
centos-release-ceph-jewel; I believe -luminous can be added to that list.

Then, to consume it in tripleo, in cae kolla remains on jewel, would you
suggest use a build override to point kolla build to the luminous repos?
Are there drawbacks you can think of?

Thanks!

On 07/21/2017 05:57 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> The Kolla team is concerned with timing of this being really tight and rdo downstreams such as Kolla not having enough time to test the supporting things.
>
> I think the general consensus is we should stick to Jewel and go to Luminious first thing in Queens?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA