[rdo-list] Heads up: Ceph Luminous (next LTS) is in release candidate

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Jul 21 20:35:56 UTC 2017

As per discussed on IRC [1], RDO doesn't provide the packaging for Ceph.
Dependencies like python-rados, python-rbd and such are provided
directly from the Ceph SIG repositories.

There is nothing preventing you from deploying RDO packages with
either Jewel or Luminous.
The discussion was more around whether or not the RDO community should
be spending efforts testing Luminous with the Pike release.

RDO relies on installer and deployment projects to test it's packages,
such as TripleO, Packstack or puppet-openstack.
So it was an open question to maintainers in such projects to see if
they had interest in shipping Luminous for Pike.

[1]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-kolla/%23openstack-kolla.2017-07-21.log.html#t2017-07-21T15:54:20

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]