[rdo-list] Where is the subunit packaging data?

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 13 07:42:04 UTC 2017

> Hello all,
>     Firstly I'm new to both RDO and CentOS and I'm quite willing to
> admit that I'm confused from having read CentOS, and RDO packaging docs
> but I'll get there ;p
>
> I'd like to update the subunit package from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 to match
> the version being used to the OpenStack gate and to work around a
> failure when building testtools.
>
> Looking at rdopkg I see:
> [tony at thor ~]$ rdopkg info subunit
> 1 packages found:
>
> name: subunit
> project: subunit
> conf: unmanaged-dependency
> patches: None
> distgit: https://github.com/rdo-common/subunit.git
> buildsys-tags:
>   cloud7-openstack-common-release: subunit-1.0.0-1.el7
>   cloud7-openstack-common-testing: subunit-1.0.0-1.el7
> master-distgit: https://github.com/rdo-common/subunit.git
> review-origin: null
> review-patches: null
> tags:
>   dependency: null
> maintainers:
> - apevec at redhat.com
> - hguemar at fedoraproject.org
>
> but that URL either doen't exist or requires a permission I don't have.
>
> I've done a scratch build at: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=190131
>
> So how do I get this package updated?
>
> Yours Tony.

subunit is an unmanaged dependency so it comes from Fedora distgit.
We try to avoid forking Fedora packages when it's unnecessary (less
dependencies to directly maintain and less conflict with something
which could be shipped in future RHEL)

I remember that I tried to update, so I checked my local clone, and I
had some weird bug with subunit-1.2.0-8.el7.
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=190171

I'll try again, it seems that a fix has been pushed since.

Regards,