[rdo-list] Reminder as CentOS 7.4 draws near with the upcoming Pike release

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 18:42:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just a friendly reminder that CentOS 7.4 is knocking at our doors at
about the same time as the upcoming Pike release.

Content from CentOS 7.4 will start trickling down to the CentOS
Continuous Release (CR) [1] repositories soon.
We need to be on the look out for changes that might have an impact on
the delivery of RDO.

The ci.centos.org environment provides nodes with the CR repository
enabled by default in order to get some testing feedback.
We've also enabled the CR repository for virtual (WeIRDO) workloads
that are ran from ci.centos.org in order to get us more feedback.

This should hopefully allow us to catch problems as they arise in
order to fix them in time for the release.
The release of CentOS 7.3 was not exactly exciting and we documented
the different things that impacted us [2].

I'll suggest we do the same thing for CentOS 7.4.
If you see any issues that seem to stem from the release of 7.4,
please document them on the following etherpad:
https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/release-centos-7.4

Thanks !

[1]: https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
[2]: https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/release-centos-7.3

David Moreau Simard
Senior Software Engineer | OpenStack RDO

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]