[rdo-list] TripleO on single machine

James LaBarre jlabarre at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 16:12:46 UTC 2017

I am trying to set up a machine for learning TripleO on, but I'm still
confused on whether a single machine can be used for a practice
configuration.  I have made a few runs building Packstack on it, not
really happy with how any turned out, and really need to work with
TripleO since that's what I'd be supporting.

I have a baremetal system with RHEL 7.4beta on it, 128G memory and 32
cpu/cores, so it should be able to handle a decent training configuration.

Is it even possible to do this on this system, or perhaps I should be
creating a number of simple KVM/QEMU instances manually and building
from there?