[rdo-list] networking-cisco in RDO

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 09:12:24 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> one requirement to remain in RDO is to have an active maintainer to
> update/fix issues in packages.
> We're also looking for upstream developpers to collaborate with us on
> the release management side.
>
> In networking-arista, some issues we had to deal with:
> - no stable/newton branches
> - no stable tarballs
> https://tarballs.openstack.org/networking-arista/
>
> As a release wrangler, I can help maintainers to get things released
> in time, but if there's no releases, I have no clue on what to ship in
> our repositories.
> We're no network experts, we have no networking-arista specific CI
> jobs running, and we have a whole distro to maintain, so unless
> someone steps up to maintain it, best choice for us is to drop it
> rather than shipping half-broken packages. Off couse, we're looking
> forward working with upstream maintainers to ship OpenStack packages
> that reflects positively on both downstream/upstream.

We have the similar situation with networking-cisco.
We do have designated maintainers in rdoinfo:
maintainers:
- openstack-networking at cisco.com
- brdemers at cisco.com

But stable/newton and mitaka branches do not exist and there wasn't a
release since June:
https://github.com/openstack/networking-cisco/releases

Since we didn't get any new input for RDO Newton we are packaging
latest git snapshot[1] but that's a blind guess since networking-cisco
is not covered in RDO CI.
Also since stable/mitaka is missing we had to pin to 3.2.0 in RDO Mitaka[2]

We'd welcome guidance from designated maintainers about release plans
(is it going to be branchless like Tempest?) and to explore 3rd party
CI setup on review.rdoproject.org for networking-cisco reviews.

Cheers,
Alan

[1] https://review.rdoproject.org/r/3233
[2] https://review.rdoproject.org/r/3143