[rdo-list] [TripleO] Backport a master patch to newton

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 16:48:49 UTC 2016

> Now, even the modification is already merged in master it is not yet
> part of the package python2-oslo-db, at least not in the last repo
> produced [5] (I merely downloaded the package and looked for the
> modification, maybe there's a smart way).

You can look at package NVR:
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/73/a9/73a959163274d13a406609ee02d6e9e60534bf01_65436912/python-oslo-db-4.14.0-0.20161023004034.21a5c42.el7.centos.src.rpm

Release part is 0.RPMBUILDTIMESTAMP.UPSTREAM_SHORT_GIT_HASH
So in this case it is built from upstream commit
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.db/commit/21a5c42
which is 4.14.0 tag. Fix you are looking for has not been released yet
even on master.

> how to request that minor release and neither where to find
> upper-constraints.txt.

Bumping upper-constraints.txt is done as a part of upstream release process:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:new-release

Requesting minor release is normally job of PTL or Release Management Liaison,
for Oslo harlowja
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Release_management
but you can make it easier on them by preparing the release request
yourself and ask them to review it see README in openstack/releases
repo and example
https://review.openstack.org/398947

Cheers,
Alan