[rdo-list] [TripleO] Backport a master patch to newton

Raoul Scarazzini rasca at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 15:02:37 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,
I need some advice to complete the process of making a patch hit a
package in the actual newton/stable.
Everything starts from this bug [1] which was solved by this review [2]
made by Mike and already merged in master [3].

I discovered the bug in newton, so I need to port the patch there and I
already cherry-picked a review for this [4].
Now, even the modification is already merged in master it is not yet
part of the package python2-oslo-db, at least not in the last repo
produced [5] (I merely downloaded the package and looked for the
modification, maybe there's a smart way).

So I'm trying to understand what else needs to be done here. Following
what Alan wrote in the thread "[TripleO] Newton large baremetal
deployment issues" talking about a very similar issue, I need to:

* request oslo.db minor release on stable/newton
* bump it in upstream stable/newton upper-constraints.txt
* sync that bump in rdoinfo (should be automatic now)

But (if all of the above is sufficient to obtain what I need) I don't
know how to request that minor release and neither where to find
upper-constraints.txt.

Can you please help me to share some light around all this stuff?

Many thanks!

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1642944
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/400269/
[3]