[rdo-list] CentOS OpsTools (logging, monitoring, etc.) SIG proposal

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Fri May 20 19:08:50 UTC 2016

On 20/05/16 16:12, Rich Megginson wrote:
> We are trying to start up a CentOS OpsTools SIG
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup for logging, monitoring, etc.
>
> The intention is that this would be the upstream for development and
> packaging of tools related to logging (EFK stack, etc.), monitoring, and
> other opstools, as a single place where packages can be consumed by RDO,
> OpenShift Origin, and other upstream projects - pool our resources,
> share the lessons learned, and enable cross project log aggregation and
> correlation (e.g. running OpenShift on top of OpenStack on top of
> Ceph/Gluster - do my OpenShift application errors correlate with Nova
> errors?  file system errors?).  This would also be a place for
> installers (puppet manifests, ansible playbooks), and possibly
> testing/CI and containers.
>
> If you are interested, please chime in in the email thread:
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2016-May/014777.html

Thank you for the reminder, Rich.

We already have quite a few interested persons. The reason, why I didn't
mention this here was, that it has a broader focus than just RDO.

On the other side, it clearly will be usable with RDO, and it will help
RDO operators to get to the root of occurring issues.

If any of you is interested or can help, please join us on centos-devel
mailing list and express your interest there. It will help us to speed
things up.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>

Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                    Michael O'Neill